Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Walking Away & Walking Towards

 
Walking away from an abusive situation is not the easiest thing to do.  I finally walked away just over 2 years ago, from an abusive relationship that had been going on for 11 years.  I thought that I was too weak to carry on.  I was degraded so much that I didn't see any worth or value in myself, and I felt like I had no more strength.  I was so tired of fighting, living in fear, and walking on eggshells every moment of every day.  I finally realized, from some far recess of my soul, that what was happening to me and my children was wrong - and that we, as a human beings created by God, deserve to be loved the way that Christ loved the church when He gave up His life for her.  The day I walked away was the first day in a long time that I felt I had the tiniest bit of value.
That's when the journey started and I started walking towards wholeness.

No comments: