Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Introduction

Just giving myself permission to use my voice to stand up and speak out about the domestic violence and abuse I endured for 11 years is a huge step. I am not helping anyone else with the things I have learned and gone through if I just sit by and pretend nothing happened.

I am here, starting this blog, to be real and speak candidly about domestic violence and abuse. I will share my story. I will share the effects it has had on me and the children.

My prayer is that something I write about will help someone else out there in a situation like I was in.

2 comments:

SLM Moss said...

Proud of you Paula! It's not always easy to speak up, but it sure helps!! :) My blog is dancing2freedom.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. (Don't post the address at this point though, please.)

Hugs!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am writing to thank you for sharing so much and so real.
I found this first post, and I guess you really did.
Thank you.