Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good Samaritian

I was the one beaten and left for dead on the side of the road...

The abuse had been taking place for years before I finally got up the nerve to actually tell someone, straight out, that my ex was 'abusive'.  And, like the priest that walked by on the other side, the someone I told also did nothing.

About a year later, while I was still beaten down, I told someone else.  And, like the Levite, they too passed by on the other side. In fact, they tried to pawn me off to someone else.

Then, since I received no help, I left the relationship on my own. A separation to try to make things better. Things were better after we reunited, but only for a short time.

Finally, my Good Samaritian saw me beaten down, gave me the strength I didn't have on my own to get the kids and I out, and stay out. Once I was picked up off the ground, I was able to find healing and learn that no one has the right to hit me, yell at me, swear at me, belittle me, or coerce me.

I'm not beaten down, bleeding out on the ground anymore.

I was helped up.

If someone tells you they are being abused, don't leave them laying on the ground bleeding out. Be their Good Samaritian and help them out of a deadly situation.

No comments: