Sunday, June 10, 2012
If I had to label the first year of being out, I would call it 'Survival and Adaptation'. The second year, however, I would call 'Moving On'. Since last June, I have:
- completed 2 semesters of the Social Service Worker program and finished with a GPA of 4.0 as well as the 'with distinction' title.
- moved into a different house
- met a very sweet guy that I've become good friends with
- bought my own car
- stood up to my ex on many occasions when dealing with the welfare of our children
- planned a trip to our old stomping grounds, where I'll face friends and aquaintances - most of which I haven't even talked to since we moved away
- developed better relationships with the kiddies where we talk about pretty much everything
- become stronger and stronger every single day. So have the kids.
I am excited to see what the next year holds. I know that two of those things will be finishing up my diploma and moving to a new town, but I am anticipating the unexpected things that God is going to put in our paths and bring us joy.