Friday, March 18, 2011

Verbal Punches

These images always get to me... for sooo many years, I thought that it was the physical abuse that was the worse. I was brainwashed to think that no one would believe me if I didn't have any physical signs of being beaten.

The truth is that I was beaten with words every day for 11 years.

This is not something I admit easily or express the effects of it lightly. I feel guilt for having stayed in an abusive relationship for so long. I hate that my children were exposed to and a part of Domestic Abuse and Violence. The kids, too, were hit with words every day of their little lives...

The Workshop the kids and I just attended was very informative and it helped us all work through stuff. We are all sooooo emotionally drained, and we are all letting it out in different ways.

No matter now hard it is, it is way easier than living in abuse and violence, ever single day...

No comments: