Monday, March 14, 2011

Trapped by Jill Peters

I was in Chapters the other day, and this book caught my attention. I bought it, and I've hardly been able to put it down since!!

'Trapped' explains so well a lot of the stuff that happened during my marriage. I never sat down to put it all into thoughts, but as I read through this, it jogs my memory and brings me back to a time I hated - a time, not that long ago, when I was, indeed, trapped.

Some of the things that she talks about and describes is hard to read. Sometimes it all overwhelms me too much and I feel like I have to put the book in the freezer where it can't hurt me. (Remember Joey on Friends doing that?? :) I haven't had to yet, but I have thought about it.

So, if you want to know more about what Domestic Violence and abuse is like, this is an excellent read. I am just about half way through and I am comforted knowing that someone understands and has been through similar experiences. It helps.

No comments: