Saturday, January 31, 2015

Taking Back What's Mine

It's been almost 5 years since I left an abusive marriage. I now have far more good days than bad days, but once in a while a bad day happens.  Today is one of those days. 

Today I realized there is still a part of me that I am allowing him to hold onto. And, the part that he has is what is holding me back. 

Well, no more. I am doing myself such an injustice and disservice to allow him to keep any part of me. Katy Perry inspired me today to take back all of me. He doesn't get to keep me. Not one, single piece. 



"You took my light, you drain me down
But that was then and this is now
Now look at me.

Now look at me, I'm sparking
A firework, a dancing flame
You won't ever put me out again.

You can keep everything, except for ME."

While I am not going into the Battle field like Katy Perry did in this video, I am going into the Law field. I am putting my whole effort into it. This career is something that he will never, ever take away from me. 

I am taking back what's mine, and I'm not letting him hold me back any longer. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great article! I have been searching for a reliable domestic violence counselor in West Los Angeles.

Ben Grigsby said...

That's very inspiring, even if you are law field still no one is immune with domestic violence. Good for you to start again and rebuild what caused you with your abusive husband. Your story can inspired a lot of women's out there to fight for their rights and to start again like you.